Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Full of Emptiness

I love oxymorons and the phrase "Full of Emptiness" really seems to sum up my heart's feelings at times. It isn't like I can fit ANYTHING else in my heart, so one would assume that my heart is full - but yet it simultaneously feels completely empty. How is it possible to feel on so many contradictory levels?

I continue to try to focus on the things I know and to try to remember that value and strength are inherent because of who I am as a child of Almighty God, not who others perceive me to be.

The days I remember to be mindful of the creator of all things and to realize that He is holding everything in His hands are filled with more peace than emptiness. When I get distracted by my circumstances and listen to the voices that are trying to pull me into despair and darkness the feelings of complete emptiness threaten to overwhelm me.

I come completely undone every year with the 'holidays' in full season as I anticipate not being able to meet my own expectations of a 'real' Christmas. I am praying that I will be able to stop and listen and hear the Angels singing the only "REAL" reason to celebrate: Luke 2:14 “Glory to God in highest heaven, and peace on earth to those with whom God is pleased.”

1 comment:

Cindy Swanson said...

Hi there! I saw your question about the dead link on the 25 foods for better blood sugar. I did find a similar list here: http://www.rd.com/living-healthy/20-foods-for-better-blood-sugar/article36501.html
The list is just slightly different from the one in the book. Here's the list of foods according to the book--and surprise, there are a lot more than 25:

apples
avocado
barley
beans
beef
berries
bran
broccoli
brown rice
Brussels sprouts
bulgur
cabbage
carrots
cauliflower
cheese
cherries
chicken and turkey
cinnamon
citrus fruits
coffee
eggplant
eggs
fenugreek
fish
flaxseed
garlic
Jerusalem artichokes
lamb
lemons
lentils
melons
milk
nuts
oats
olive oil
onions
pasta
peaches, apricots, plums
peanut butter
peas
pork
pumpernickel bread
rye bread
seeds
shellfish
sourdough bread
soy foods
spinach and other dark greens
sweet potatoes
tea
tomatoes
turmeric
vinegar
wheatberries
wheat germ
whole wheat bread and flour
yogurt