Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 22, 2011

Letting Go

Our precious Eyelash Gecko, "Leaf" has left this earth.

Sam, I know your heart is aching and I am so sorry that you have to experience loss. It is one of the things the heart never can prepare for, no matter how much the mind tries.

Loss is one of the most bittersweet things in this world. I know that God made each living thing and loves each living thing, so I know that He feels our hurts when his creatures leave the earth. He promises us that Heaven will be a wonderful place, filled with His glory and grace, so I believe that Heaven will be filled with amazing things we can't even imagine and that our hearts will be full. And yes, Sam, I think there will be lizards in heaven.

It is hard to let go of the things here on earth, but they are only temporary.

I love you Sam. And God loves you more.
Mommy

No comments: