Powered By Blogger

Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Big Day

So tomorrow I start job #2 working as a contractor at Hamilton Sundstrand. I felt sick to my stomach just thinking about it. I've been telling myself "it's only temporary". Then I read these verses in an email print out from http://www.proverbs31.org/ (Thanks Sarah!!) - The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in Him." Nahum 1:7 (NIV) and "Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You preserve my life; You stretch out Your hand against the anger of my foes, with Your right hand You save me." Psalm 138:7 (NIV) and a verse I can recite in my sleep and am quick to hand out to others but I always seem to forget it applies to ME... "Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you." 1Peter 5:7 (NIV). So, real life fills us with feelings of anxiety, fear and stress at times. I can do all the "positive talk" I want, but I still have these feelings. I think they are normal. I think God even allows people to have feelings of fear and stress and anxiety in hopes that we will turn right around and give them back to Him and allow Him to carry all our burdens and to feel His love. It's easier said than done at times. There's no "send" button in my brain that will instantly teleport the anxieties to Him. I think it's that way on purpose so that we are continually given the opportunity to enter the presence of the Almighty with our hearts open to Him. So that will be my LifeNTimes tomorrow...spending lots of time with God in a strange new place.

No comments: