Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Lord Move or Move Me

So there's a song "Lord Move or Move Me" by FFH. I've always felt a connection to that song. But as I heard it tonight on my way to FedEx, I had to ask myself, can I REALLY pray this and mean it? Can I be REAL enough to really ask God: "Lord, move in a way that I've never seen before, cuz there's a mountain in the way, and a lock on the door... I'm drifting away ...waves are crashing on the shore...Lord Move or Move me...I've got to leave myself behind...give away everything I hold on to...Lord I know the only way is through this....Lord I know I need you to help me do this...Out of this place of complacency to a place of fellowship with Thee...I am weak but Lord you are so strong....It's been so long..." How and Where am I willing to BE MOVED for him? Can I give away everything I hold on to? Am I willing to give up being comfortable and complacent and let him "SHAKE IT UP" even more than I already feel I've been shaken? Am I open to HIS leading or am I still trying to "direct" things? Honestly, I believe it is a continual process of release and renewal. God speaks to me frequently through music when I'm quiet and listening and can feel Him tug on my heart and say "I'm here." He'll most likely Move or Move ME whether or not I'm ready...it's just makes it a little less painful when I've already given over the steering wheel to Him rather than Him having to pry my fingers off the controls...

1 comment:

SamsDad said...

Hi honey, well this is a first for me of leaving a comment on anyone's blog. I too get a thump on my forehead everytime I hear that song! Just in case anyone reading this doesn't know, we are going thru a time or "move or move me" right now. I'm in a transition from a fairly long time job and now something else. It doesn't help that I work in construction and how particulary hard hit the industry is right now. Being in a very specialized segment of construction, I don't see jobs like I've been doing unless relocating is in your vocabulary. I'm trying to understand God's plan, but it's so hard right now. We just came across a nearly perfect match of a construction job for me this weekend, but it's in Tennessee! Pam and I talked about it and we agreed that we shouldn't put God in a "box" to try and confine Him to what we "WANT", but be open to His leading. So I sent them my resume and now we wait to see what God has in store. There is nothing wrong with Tennessee, I fact a move their would bring us very close to Pam's brother and sister-in-law and a couple hours drive to a lot of my family in Kentucky. We just have to make the most of every opportunity and trust in God's plan!